Why reenact the Purge when you can reenact the High School Musical series?
10 year old Yemeni girl smiling after she was granted a divorce from her husband- a 30 year old man
Here’s what I found after looking into it.
Nujood Ali was nine when her parents arranged a marriage to Faez Ali Thamer, a man in his thirties. Regularly beaten by her in-laws and raped by her husband, Ali escaped on April 2, 2008, two months after the wedding.
On the advice of her father’s second wife, she went directly to court to seek a divorce. After waiting for half a day, she was noticed by a judge, Mohammed al-għadha who gave her refuge. He had both her father and husband taken into custody.
Indeed, publicity surrounding Ali’s case is said to have inspired efforts to annul other child marriages, including that of an 8 year old Saudi girl who was allowed to divorce a middle-aged man in 2009.
But in 2013 Ali reported to the media that her father had forced her out of their home and is withholding her money granted by publishers. Her father has also arranged a marriage for her younger sister, Haifa.
Also this girl has her own book
I just want some feminists to focus more on this than on defending Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian.
Realistically, what can they do? Most of the feminists that you likely encounter are based in USA, Canada, maybe UK. What can they do to affect attitudes and policies in a place like Yemen?
They can raise awareness. Tumblr is a global site where you can donate to people in many countries to aid them.
A very good thing they can do, for one, is set up donations for this kid or other kids. They can put efforts to start up shelters for such incidents.
There’s a lot of things western feminists can do. This post only has almost 9k posts, whereas a post about male tears has 36K.
This hurt deep in my soul
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
*forgets what im talking about halfway through a sentence*
'Fell in love' - Animated lettering
Static version here
Available as a poster for $8 over here
Why are you so angry about JLaw's nudes being leaked? I thought you didn't like her.
- i am angry because this is just another example of women being shamed for taking nudes instead of the douchebag who spreads them being shamed for violating someone’s privacy like that
- i am angry because nobody deserves this, regardless of how i feel about their personality
- i am angry because this is pure misogyny and shows how women aren’t respected in our culture
- i am angry because she did not consent to having those pics posted everywhere but they still were
- i am angry because on the VERY RARE occasion this happens to a male celeb he is not shamed but rather the perpetrator is and it’s forgotten quickly whereas this will haunt jennifer for years and years to come
- i am angry because this was a sex crime and people are treating it like a joke
- i am angry because she is being exploited/objectified and some gross dudebros are probably jacking off to those pics
- i am angry because people are CONGRATULATING the fucker who did such an atrocious thing to her instead of being appalled
listen i may not like her personally but the fact remains that as a human being she is entitled to body autonomy and to choose who sees her naked body and who doesn’t
Men who can’t cook, clean, or even do their own laundry are not “cute” and “in need of a woman to care for them”. They are spoiled brats so dependent on gender roles that they never bothered to learn the minimal skills to take care of themselves.